Finally! Sweater weather is here and we know that means it’s time for family bonding, the holidays and pumpkin-flavored everything! It’s also the best time to enjoy your city’s best events outside. Check out our official fun guide for October below:
1. Texas Renaissance Festival: (Sept. 30 – Nov. 26) Transport yourself back in time any weekend before Nov. 26th! Eat and play like royalty as you experience performers, international fare, hundreds of merchants, and the enchanting atmosphere of a 16th century English village.
2. Original Greek Festival (October 5 – 8, 2017): If you’re a baklava or gyro lover, clear your schedule for the weekend of Oct. 5th! Enjoy authentic Greek food, wine and much more during the 48th annual Greek Festival!
3. Bayou City Art Festival in Downtown (October 14 – 15, 2017): Calling all art lovers! See downtown transformed into an art mecca filled with paintings, sculptures, jewelry, music, food trucks and a kids zone.
4. Korean Festival Houston (October 21, 2017): Immerse yourself in Korean culture! Expect a fusion of traditional and modern cultural presentations, live performances, traditional cuisine from Korean food vendors, interactive games, art and much, much more.
5. Dia De Los Muertos Festival at MECA Houston (October 28, 2017): A traditional Latin American holiday, Día de los Muertos honors and celebrates our ancestors. This two-day celebration will feature a children’s area, live performances, Latin cuisine and art exhibitors.
1. Tacolandia (October 7, 2017): Held at the Dallas Farmers Market, this festival gives attendees unlimited taco samples, live music, and beer wine and cocktails available to purchase.
2. Christmas in Cowtown Holiday Market (October 12 – 15, 2017): Kickoff your holidays and finish your holiday shopping early while giving back to the community! The Junior League of Fort Worth hosts more than 200 merchants selling home decor, jewelry, clothing, gourmet food, toys and more.
3. Dallas Fan Days (October 20-22, 2017): Immerse yourself in the world of comics, sci-fi, horror, event anime and gaming. As one of the largest events of its kind in North Texas, attendees can expect to find cosplay, celebrity comic guests, vendors, family-friendly activities and much more.
4. Red Steagall Cowboy Gathering and Western Swing Festival (October 27-29, 2017): Yee-haw partners! Get the authentic cowboy experience at one of the nation’s premiere Western heritage festival featuring music, ranch rodeo, cowboy poetry and more.
5. Japanese Garden Fall Festival (October 28-29, 2017): Become a Japanese culture buff at this exciting festival hosted by Fort Worth Botanic Garden. You will enjoy Japanese dance, music, martial arts, sword demonstrations, raku, tea ceremonies, and more!